Saturday, April 28, 2012

Baking Frenzy

Wow, I am exhausted! I have been preparing for the big double birthday tomorrow allllll day! My son and daughter's birthdays are just a day apart, so we have a conjoined party for them. That is until they get old enough to decide that's not cool anymore haha. I always bake my own treats, and today I spent 13 hours straight of baking and decorating. I did take one 20 min break to eat a couple slices of pizza. But ya, my back  is super sore from standing all day long. But I am super excited for the kids to see their treats tomorrow! Thank goodness my mom came over  to help me tackle all the baking projects I assigned myself. If it weren't for her I'd probably still be going right now! I could seriously not be any more excited though! We got them each a new bike and I cannot wait to see the looks on their faces when they see them  :). We've been hiding them at their grampies house, and he is going to bring to the party tomorrow. Wooo! Here's some pictures of the things I baked:
I attempted to make a rainbow cake for my Daughter. Her name is Rayne, but everyone has called her rainbow since she was born. This is a picture of the batter before I put it in the oven.


Went with a Lego theme for my son. He's Lego crazy. These are attempted lego head cake pops! My first try making them, they didn't come out as round as I hoped, but they are insanely delicious!

Lego brick graham crackers :)

My daughter's rainbow cake all decorated. I can't wait to cut it open tomorrow to see how the colors look on the inside :D

Jello slices! I got this idea on Pintrest :). I did more colors but they were on another plate.

Lego cake I made for Phoenix :D

Rainbow Cupcakes!

Rainbow cupcake!


Rainbow pudding :)

So that's mostly what I spent my day doing! I did make a few more things that I didn't get pictures of. I made some lego brownies and lego rice crispie squares. and some rainbow sprinkle rice crispie squares. I dealt with soooo much food coloring today. I'd be happy not to see it again for another year haha. Well I definitely need to collapse! What a day, tomorrow is going to be such a blast!!!

Today was Phoenix's actual birthday. He turned 5 years old. It's incredibly mind blowing. 5! omg! He is the most amazing 5 year old I know. I am so incredibly proud of the little boy he is growing up to be :). He came bursting in our room this morning at about 6am going " I'm 5 years old, I'm 5 years old!" He's been getting hugs and kisses galore!! <3 

So that's me for today :). Have a great one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment