Monday, April 30, 2012

Musing Mondays - Apr 30th

Musing Mondays is a weekly event where MizB  at Should be Reading will ask a book related question and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This week's 'Musing Mondays' asks:
 Do you listen to audiobooks? If not, why not? And, if so, what has been one of your favorites, so far?



I have yet to listen to an audio book, but I would really like to! This has actually been on my mind a lot lately. I have a few friends who have listened to quite a few of them, and they really enjoyed them. It does pose a couple of issues for me though. I wouldn't be able to listen to them around my kids, I don't think I'd be able to hear very clearly. Sometimes when the kids are playing nicely I will sit and enjoy a couple minutes of my book. I don't think I could do that with an audio book. So it would probably take me a while to finish it, since I don't have much kid-free time on my hands haha. The only other thing I worry about is the pace, I wonder if I would find it to slow to listen to someone else's reading. If I would find they read to fast or slow for me. But I will have to try it someday! It's on my to-do list :). If I could listen to one while I crochet that would be awesome! But I worry I wouldn't be able to keep count while listening to story.

10 comments:

  1. Nice answer. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for returning the visit :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah I usually wait for the kids to be asleep before I pick up my book. But audio I just can't do. Here's my Musing

    Cathy @ Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we share the same issue :) Thanks for stopping by and sharing your MM!

      Delete
  3. I think I'm going to try audiobooks when I'm knitting. I'm new to knitting--and this Musing has inspired me to try them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I want to try it while Crocheting, but I worry it will affect me keeping count of stitches. Won't know until I try though I suppose!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I love listening to them in the car on my way to and from work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the car would be the perfect place to listen to one. I usually have 3 kids in the backseat when I'm in mine though haha. Someday in the future though that will be an option for me, and I will probably take advantage of it. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Good answer. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much thanks! And thanks for returning the visit :)

      Delete